Thursday, November 5, 2009

Welcome

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." -Theodore Roosevelt


Welcome to my first blog post.

Many of you don't know me. Being known by misconceptions leaves me with a duty to paint you a true portrait of who I am, and what qualifies me to be your next United States Senator.

I am a Massachusetts native, entrepreneur, attorney, and business leader with over 25 years experience solving business problems and creating jobs. The unemployment rate is over 10% in our great country. My experience in the private sector will bring valuable insight to getting our economy back on it’s feet.

I’ve made my own way in business. I’ve started and run businesses, from airlines to cellular companies, and have operated them successfully by fixing problems and maximizing their performance. My companies grew to employ over 1,000 people. I know what it takes to meet a payroll and keep a business healthy so it can grow and provide more and better jobs, as well as top-quality health care benefits, for employees and their families.


I’ve worked in a variety of executive positions in the airline industry with Continental Airlines and Eastern Airlines, and became the youngest airline president in modern U.S. aviation history when I served as president of Eastern Express – at the time, one of the largest regional airlines in the country. I also worked in the financial services industry with MasterCard International, and will rely on that experience to force credit card companies to treat customers fairly, including eliminating onerous credit card interest rates and other consumer abuses.


I then entered the wireless telecom industry, where I founded the largest digital cellular company in the Caribbean -- Oceanic Digital Communications (later sold to the world’s richest man -- Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim), and traveled to many developing countries, including Pakistan and Afghanistan, seeking to build cellular networks in those countries.


Today, I am General Counsel of Benistar, the largest Third-Party Administrator of employer health and welfare benefit plans in the country and the only TPA to have passed a SAS 70 Level II audit by PriceWaterhouseCoopers. I have drawn on Benistar’s experience in providing affordable health care plans for small businesses, union retirees, and individuals to craft my unique “12-Point Plan” for Health Care Reform.


I am an author, a member of the bar of the U.S. Supreme Court, a Commodore in the U.S. Navy League, and a booster at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis. I spend my free time reading history and tutoring students.


Massachusetts and the nation have complex issues that require creative solutions. I am here to provide the missing pieces to the puzzle. Perhaps with the help of voters such as yourselves, I can better understand the real problems that you are facing in your daily lives.


My first priority in this race is to listen. My goal in this race is to lead. And my job, should I be elected, is to provide the best representation to the people of Massachusetts.


I will provide clear and detailed solutions to the problems that we face, not bland political polemics. My number one concern is transparency; it has been and always will be.


My name is Jack E. Robinson, and I am running for United States Senate.


For more information, visit our new web site at www.jackerobinson.com.


Welcome to “The Robinson Report.”